Wednesday 22 May 2013

10 DAYS & #C25K


Do you remember my goals? It's okay if you don't, 'cause shortly after I posted them, LIFE seemed to unravel a bit.

What happened?
  • I plateaued! It felt like no matter how hard I was working, I wasn't seeing the results I wanted.
  • Our little man came down with the worst cold/flu + ear infection he's ever had. He's a healthy boy now, but we ended up rearranging our schedules to keep him home for a week which through off my normal routine.
  • I was tired. #thereisaidit
  • Even though I knew I had 4 days left of my program, I dreaded the thought of jumping on my treadmill.
  • Did I mention that I plateaued? Ugh!   
Why did I plateau? Nutrition. It wasn't my fitness regime, it was and is my nutrition. It started with me grabbing a snack here and there. I knew it was killing my workout, but I heard a little voice inside my head say...  "Oh, it's okay to eat that, you ran this morning". 

Then 10 days went by. 10 days that I didn't lace up my shoes and go for a run. 10 days that I didn't participate in my 30 Day Squat Challenge. 10 days, 10 days, 10 days!

The good news? This past weekend, I got my stride back! 
On Saturday, we had a family outing to our favourite market and picked up a ton of fruits & vegetables!

I ❤ fresh produce! #yum

Then we mixed up one of our green shakes (a.k.a. Super Juice)...

Super Juice! #kale #celery #greenapple #cucumber #freshlysqueezedorangejuice #ginger #flaxseed

And my husband made the best dinner... Ever!

Dinner! #ribs #aspargus #ovenroastedtomatoes #yum

By Sunday, I was itching to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. We took a new route and hydrated along the way as the sun beat down on our faces. It was amazing! It brought me back to the summer we trained for our marathon together. We used to love sweating buckets and talking life.

Sunday on the River Trail! #fitpic #familyfirst

Then Monday happened.

If you ask my husband, super-energized-Mumma was up and at 'em and he was looking for the pause button. I don't know what happened. Perhaps it was the little switch inside my head that said "ENOUGH!" and/or maybe it was the fresh fruit & veggies and blood flowing through my veins. Whatever it was... I wanted more.

10 km before 12 pm? Don't mind if I do! #fitpic #family first

We hopped on the River Trail. It was beautiful. But it was sooooooooooooooooooo stinkin' hot! ☼ We managed to crank out 10 km and felt awesome afterwards (minus the one ginormous hill we had to climb at the end!). We had our legs back!

I looked at the weather report for Tuesday. It wasn't looking good. Thunderstorms. Severe Thunderstorms. ☂☁ But I didn't care. I had week 8 day 3 to complete and I was going to do it. And by "I", I really mean "we" 'cause in our house, we do things together.

I AM OFFICIALLY A #C25K GRADUATE! #fitpic #familyfirst

With that, I am officially a #C25K graduate! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never thought my 8 week program would get dragged out to 12 weeks, but it did and I managed to gut it out to the finish line.

I couldn't have done it without my husband. Seriously, he's the best! I love that we're teammates 'cause some days he pushes me and others I push him. He never wakes up at 4:45 a.m. with me, but he does keep me accountable and he'll even workout with me in the evening, after his long day + workout.

Also, my beautiful friend, Steph, was full of encouragement when I messaged her about something totally unrelated to my plateau. I grew up with Steph at camp in Ontario, but she now lives on the West Coast and is living a real life dream. She said to me... "Just throw one workout in on the weekend for good measure... It will kick start you! And then next week will feel like groooovy routine." She was right. Thank you, Steph! 
So, there you have it. I'm done #C25K and ready for my next challenge... Which will include being more disciplined nutritionally... But not until I turn 30! ツ

No comments:

Post a Comment