Thursday 30 May 2013

(RECAP) 30 Day Squat Challenge


PASS ✔or FAIL ✘ 

This challenge was the first 30 Day Challenge I had ever attempted. I managed to complete 20/30 days before life unraveled. So that's like 66% or something, right? Which is a PASS ✔ in my books! ツ

What did I ❤ about the challenge? I loved challenging myself to do as many squats in a row, at one time. At first, I would concentrate on reps. But as time progressed, I would attempt to complete the daily challenge in one go. My biggest accomplishment was being able to do 160 squats in a row! I found that as long as I didn't break my concentration (or have a little person begging for my attention!) that I could do it. Yes, it burned! But somehow I was determined enough (I'm a stubborn middle child!) to work through the burn and complete the daily challenge. 

What did I learn about myself during this challenge? I'm a creature of habit. If I don't do something at the exact same time, everyday, then I won't get around to doing it. I used to make a point of doing my squats first thing in the morning (workout or no workout). Without fail (for 20 days!) I would do the required number of squats. It was when I didn't make the conscious effort to complete them in the morning that I got behind and then eventually didn't complete the challenge.

Would you attempt this challenge again? Absolutely. I think challenges like this are both great exercise and discipline. Something we all can use in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment